Unless you have entered your contact online, we are unable to know your name nor your email address.
What type of information is collected from you?
In running and operating www.thebestofnature.net website, we may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of the website.
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below:
- Information you provide when contacting us by email and/or signing up to receive our newsletters.
- Information you provide when entering a competition or a promotion via the website, completing a survey, or any other file on the website.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This may include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our visitors’ service. Please note this is statistical data relating to a web user’s browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you as an individual.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- To ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using, to enable you to participate in interactive features of the site
- To provide you with information relating to our website or any services we may offer,
- To provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in, via our website or blog, to process a booking you have sent us even though www.thebestofnature.net does not have any booking intention
- To meet our obligations arising from any contracts, to deal with entries into a competition
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- To notify you about any changes to our website or blog, including improvements, and service changes
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, special offers, fauna/flora information about the ecolodges and replies to requests.
- For our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, nor will we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may only pass your information to our third-party service providers, such as webmasters, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf.
Your contact and/or data is stored both on the OVH server and on Mailjet, an e-mailing platform. Please note that before collecting your email address and contact, you will be informed about the type of registration you are subscribing to (newsletter, e-book etc.).
How long is your data stored?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are kept indefinitely. This allows you to automatically recognize and approve the following comments instead of leaving them in the moderation queue.
The same applies to email addresses collected through a form.
For users who register on www.thebestofnature.net, we may also store the personal data indicated in their profile. All users can view, modify or delete their personal information at any time (with the exception of their username).
On Google Analytics, the data stored cannot exceed 3 years.
How do I opt out?
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you for marketing purposes unless you have previously opted in or you are a previous visitor or guest and we are entitled to rely on legitimate interests. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of newsletters sent to you,
- Email info[a]thebestofnature.net and we will process your request within 7 days. Your Rights The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: info[a]thebestofnature.net.
Ultimately, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as follows:
- Request access to your personal data,
- Request correction of your personal data,
- Request erasure of your personal data,
- Object to processing of your personal data,
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please Contact us.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data. This is a safety measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 7 days. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Use of ‘cookies’
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to store your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days ; that of a screen option cookie is one year. If you tick “Remember me”, your login cookie will be stored for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be deleted.
By modifying or publishing an article, an additional cookie will be stored in your browser. This cookie does not include any personal data. It simply indicates the ID of the item you have just modified. It expires after one day.
Should you leave a comment on our blog, you will be asked to save your name, email address and website in cookies. This is only for your convenience so that you do not have to enter this information if you leave another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
It is possible to switch off cookies by adjusting your browser preferences or using a dedicated browser extension.
Refusal to install a cookie may make it impossible to access certain services. The user can however configure his/her computer in the following way, to refuse the installation of cookies:
- Under Chrome: Settings menu / Show advanced settings / Privacy / Content settings / Block all cookies.
- Under Internet Explorer: tool tab / internet options. Click on Privacy and choose Block all cookies. Confirm with Ok.
- Under Netscape : editing tab / preferences. Click on Advanced and choose Disable cookies. Confirm with Ok.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot either be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
Embedded content from other sites
How we protect your data
This website uses the HTTPS protocol, which is highly secure and encrypted. If in doubt, check the URL of the page you are viewing in the address bar and check for the presence of the “S” in https://thebestofnature.net
To prevent data leaks, many extensions are also installed on this platform to ensure the security of this confidential information.
Procedures implemented in case of data leakage
According to the 2018 RGPD regulations, THE BEST OF NATURE will communicate directly to the CNIL any possible data leak, within 72 hours, as soon as it has been brought to our attention, identified and certified. If in doubt, contact us at info[at]thebestofnature.net
Review of this Policy